Thursday, February 14, 2008

Over the Top Marketing

I don't know if I should applaud this marketing technique or cringe. Either way they aren't getting my money. I got solicitation mail from "reason" magazine. What makes this one a bit more than junk (at least I opened it) was the satellite image of my neighborhood on the envelope with an arrow pointing close to my house. The banner had my name and the words "They know where you are … but just who are they?" Inside among the sample covers of actual issues was one that also shows a smaller piece of the same sat-image with a red circle around my block and the words, "They know where you live!" Sure, go ahead, prey on my fears of Bush the dictator and of the nasty people Bush can't get rid of but claims he is the only one who can.

No comments:

Post a Comment