Monday, March 14, 2011

I'm back

I arrived in Detroit yesterday afternoon after a (mostly) good short week in Texas visiting my brother and his large family. I spent yesterday evening and most of today preparing for class tomorrow, so don't have a lot of time for a complete trip report. Perhaps after this week's crush of class preparation.

I will say that I did see everyone I wanted to see, though in some cases it wasn't for as long as I would have liked. On Tuesday and Wednesday two nephews said some of their children weren't feeling well and they didn't want me to catch it. A third nephew (yes, a lot of them) said his two were feeling just fine, so invited me for supper. A half hour after I arrived, his two-year-old son started throwing up. Back at my brother's place that evening I started doing the same. Yes, as a few people have commented, that was rather quick. Thankfully, it lasted less than 24 hours. By then the various children were feeling better and visits could resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment