Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Insurance hassles resolved

I was able to switch insurance companies today. The process got complicated. One agent I worked with represented four companies. One I previously rejected because of its political donations. Another one was rated poorly by J.D Power (I know them well from their ratings of cars). The other two, highly rated, refused to insure me for basement flooding because it has just flooded. I talked to an agent recommended by a friend (thank you, friend!). The basement flood was not an issue. The rates were a bit higher than the companies I rejected, but half of what I'm paying now.

I called the agent of my previous policy to say I'm canceling. She said, fine, the form to sign will go in the mail. She did not ask why I was canceling.

No comments:

Post a Comment