Monday, April 22, 2013

Not so cold house

I woke up this morning to a cold house again (well, 66F when I expected 69F). It wasn't as bad as in mid-February, mostly because it wasn't as cold outside. I called the heating company and they said they might get someone to my place at the end of the day. Because I was doing a couple things at the college today (this is exam week!) I asked them to not come before 4:00. The receptionist said that since they were there just a couple months ago, there would be no fee for the service call. That bumped them up a few notches in my opinion of them.

I fiddled with the furnace a bit more and, surprisingly, it came on. I didn't call the heating company again.

I came home at 3:50, expecting a phone call at any moment. Right at 4:00 they were at my door. They fiddled with the furnace a bit -- unplugged a drain hole, sanded some corrosion off something -- handed me the receipt showing no charge, and were gone. All better now. At least as far as I can tell -- the furnace hasn't needed to come on all evening.

As I said, this is exam week. I give one exam tomorrow and the other Thursday. I probably won't have time to blog until after then.

No comments:

Post a Comment