* More Americans have come to appreciate Obamacare.
*More Millennials are showing interest in running for office.
* Ratings for Saturday Night Live get a boost every time the nasty guy tweets about them.
* There is high interest in and discussions about Senate hearings for cabinet positions.
* Because he lies so much we are on alert for alternative facts.
* We are ready and willing to protest any curtailment of women’s rights.
* The Museum of Modern Art added a display of art from Iran, Iraq, and Sudan.
* Shakespeare in the Park will start its season with “Julius Caesar,” about a populist seeking absolute power.
Institutions designed to check a president’s power and expose his scandals — from the courts to the comics to the press — are all at Defcon 1 except for the Republican Congress, which seems to be deaf.