Monday, December 24, 2012

On another jaunt

Tomorrow is Christmas, so a heartfelt "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hanukah" (though that ended more than a week ago) or "Joyful Solstice" (a few days ago) is in order.

The day after that I'll be joining my parents, sister, and niece on a car trip to southwest Kentucky, where my niece lives with her husband. We'll be joined by her father (my brother), mother, and sister. That will be two days of driving there and back and three days of visiting.

I'll take along my netbook, but probably won't have much opportunity to surf the web or write posts. I'll be back to my usual posting perhaps by New Year's Eve, certainly at the start of the year. My browser tabs are already accumulating stuff I won't have time to read and comment on today.

Here are a couple items for the season.

Here's an explanation of why Rudolph's nose is red. It has lots of extra capillaries because it serves as a heat exchanger, keeping him cool under the exertion of flying. Alas, the article doesn't explain the part about "you could even say it glows," producing enough light for navigation. It also doesn't explain why Rudolph's nose might be any different than Prancer's. And, as for flying…

Procrasti-Nation has now been mapped. It's various districts are Solitaireitory, Napland, Snack Sector, Surfside (as in internet), Doodle District, Game Zone, and Range of Excuses. Just offshore is Isle Get It Done. Sure, you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment