Saturday, May 11, 2013

Blossoms without maintenance

My bike ride this afternoon was a bit chilly. We didn't quite hit 60F today. The temp will fall into the 30s tonight and frost warnings are posted for tomorrow night. The ride along Hines Drive was quite pretty with so many redbud trees in the park. Yeah, this is Michigan.

The dogwood is also in bloom. Here is the view with me standing between my house and my neighbor's with my dogwood on the left and his red maple on the right.


And a view across my front yard with the blooming kerria beside the house, the dogwood, and with my neighbor's red maple and redbud.


You might think I'm quite the avid gardener. Well, no. Several flowering plants -- wisteria (almost blooming), crabapple, dogwood -- were in place when I moved in. Others, like the forsythia and coming spirea, need very little maintenance. And the trimming that happens is done by the guy that does all the yard work.

Yeah, I'm glad all those plants bloom, and I do so little of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment