Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Up in the air

I leave tomorrow for my third summer trip. This one is to Australia! I don’t know whether I’ll be able to blog because my computer plug doesn’t fit their wall outlets (and if I have just an adapter their power will fry my computer (I need a new one anyway)). If I do blog it will probably be all travelogue – I hope to ignore American politics for three weeks.

I’m dreading the outbound travel – 5 hours to Los Angeles, 3 hour layover, over 13 hours to Brisbane, 1.5 hour layover, 2.5 hours to Cairns. I’ll get there about 10:00 Saturday morning, which will be about 8:00 Friday night Detroit time, something like 27 hours in transit.

The primary purpose for the trip is another handbell event, this one the International Handbell Symposium. There will be handbell people from USA, Canada, Britain, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, and, of course, Australia – New Zealand. These events have been held every two years since 1984. This will be my 13th out of 18 events.

After it is over I’ll have about 12 days to travel around the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment