Sunday, February 23, 2020

Notes and corrections

Even though I have lots of browser tabs of stuff I want to share I’m not in the mood for writing tonight. I might write during the next day or so, and might not.

Then on Wednesday I start my late winter travels. I don’t know if I’ll be able to post much during my trip. I will first travel to Nashville for a Reconciling Ministries Conference. Then to Louisville to spend several days with my niece and her family. I close the trip with a handbell festival in Louisville.

I do have a project for this evening. I started it yesterday. I’ll be attending another memorial soon. At my mother’s memorial I had a large collection of photos I could assemble into a photo timeline of her life. Many of the images came from the slides he took over the decades. I had been transferring those slides to digital files and had gotten about 2/3 of the way through about 3000 slides when my attention was diverted to more interesting pursuits.

However, I now want to make sure I have as many photos of Laney as possible. She lamented that as the fifth child few photos were taken of her, as compared, say, to our twin oldest brothers – who had perhaps 150 photos taken of them in their first couple years.

So far I have a couple dozen good ones of Laney. I am now scanning slides from her graduation ceremony from community college. Yeah, some are of out of focus people walking across a distant stage. But others are close ups and look pretty good. I have a few more boxes to scan before I’m fairly sure I’ve got all of them from when Laney was still at home.

My living sister pointed out a few minor errors in my eulogy from yesterday. I have enough trouble keeping dates of my own life in order, so I’m not surprised I missed a few. So here are a couple corrections:

Laney worked in the northern Chicago suburbs before going to a small town in Wisconsin, not after.

Anners worked for a good long time at the library, but was not a college trained librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment