Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Oh Shenandoah, I long to see you

I leave tomorrow for a 10 day vacation (definition of vacation for a retired guy is that I leave home). I'll drive to the Charlotte area to visit a cousin and his family during a long Easter weekend. On the way back I plan to see parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway, Jefferson's Monticello (Charlotte and Charlottesville in the same trip), and the Skyline Drive of Shenandoah National Park.

At rehearsal last night the director said he really likes the piece I wrote that the group is playing. However, they are still struggling with it. Could I perhaps make it shorter? And have the changes ready in two weeks with a 10 day vacation in the middle. So I'll take the piece with me and see what kind of composing I can do in my head with no piano around.

No comments:

Post a Comment