Friday, July 9, 2010

I'm famous! Who me?

When I returned to the Ruth Ellis Center last Wednesday after being away for two weeks I was greeted by another volunteer with, "Hey, did you see your picture in Between the Lines?" I've been gone, why would my picture be in the Detroit gay newspaper? Turns out the photo is from an event held two months ago when the Center got a grant from Metro Health Foundation. So here is the online version of the article. I'm the one on the left. I thought this might be a way to tell you who I am, but the photo doesn't have a caption. The Metro Health rep is beside me, then comes Laura, the Center's Director, then Bryan, the volunteer who asked me if I had seen the paper. The actual printed version does have a caption with my name, but identifies me as a volunteer of Metro Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment