Monday, April 23, 2012

The future of the denomination

The General Conference of the United Methodist Church begins tomorrow in Tampa. The Common Witness Coalition is made up of the groups trying to make the denomination more gay-friendly and to prevent a conservative takeover. The Coalition has an at-home toolkit to monitor their various methods of communication -- Facebook, Twitter, and blogging. They will also tell our stories at the Coalition site, and two sites maintained by the Methodist Federation for Social Action, one of the leaders in the Coalition.

I head to Tampa next Monday to work with the Coalition during the second week of General Conference. I'll be on the blogging team. If that doesn't keep me busy I'll lend a hand with the hospitality team and their Love Your Neighbor Tabernacle set up across from the Convention Center. I'll try to post here how you can find my posts there. I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment