Friday, December 21, 2012

Tin ear

The Executive Director of the NRA gave his opinion on the Newtown shootings. Not surprisingly, everything and everyone else is the problem and the solution is more guns. I could rant on about this, citing lots of other rants from around the web. I'll bother with two (without searching for either). First: this guy has an amazingly tin political ear. Second: why is it we can't afford teachers for our schools, but we can afford cops? Then I'll let you look at yesterday's post and conclude by saying we can't shoot our way to a solution.

… On second thought, I'll give the last words to Terrence Heath. I'll start with his list of culprits who make sure the country is awash in guns: the GOP, ALEC, and the NRA. Perhaps it is time for a Million Child March. And I'll end with Heath's three collections of political cartoons. You may need to click to enlarge. Then grab a tissue. In one, Santa is crying because all the kids want for Christmas are bulletproof vests.

No comments:

Post a Comment