Sunday, February 9, 2014

More snow

According to the Sunday Free Press weather charts show as of 5 pm yesterday Detroit Metro Airport has received 67.8 inches of snow so far this season. Since I shoveled another inch off my driveway this afternoon, perhaps we can call it 69 inches. The temperature has been so low since November that little of it has melted (as my sidewalk will attest). Which means I'm running out of places to put the stuff. As proof I took pictures this afternoon.

This first image shows the snowbank between my driveway and my neighbor's. I doubt I can put much more snow on it without it simply rolling off. I try to throw as much as possible around the corner of the garage into the side yard.


The second image shows the mound in the yard, which I think is getting close to four feet high. I now try to throw snow over it. Then there is the mound between the sidewalk and the street. I wasn't careful during the first snowfall of the season, so this one sticks out into the driveway by a couple feet. I have to carefully drive around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment