Saturday, February 1, 2014

Views per post

Snow was falling strongly this morning and slowed down my travel to Ypsilanti to rehearse for tomorrow's concert. The trip home was a bit easier because it was raining. We're likely to get more snow tonight. So, snow, then rain, then snow and you can guess what the roads will be like overnight. I hope roads are cleared in time for the concert. We've already had one concert and two rehearsals canceled because of bad weather.



Last month I started a spreadsheet showing the number of views I get in a month (which Blogger will tell me) and the number of posts I write in each month. I filled in data going back to 2010 when Blogger started keeping stats for me. I also get the number of views for each post, but those don't include visits to the blog home page which shows three days of posts. My spreadsheet allows me to include all that to see the average views per post.

Back in September and October the average views per post was in the range of 92-93, the highest it has been. My data show a rather steady drop since then and it was 34 views per post in January. That was masked by my steady increase in the number of posts of 25 in October to 47 in January. My overall views per month stayed high, 2300 to 2470 in Oct. - Dec. But postings in January is a bit below December, at 40, and the views per month was only 1350 last month.

Since I get very little feedback I don't know why this has happened. My guess is my readership in Russia has dropped significantly. Alas, Blogger will only show Russian stats for the last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment