Monday, February 2, 2015

Digging out

Yup, snow yesterday. One news report this morning said we got 14 inches, another said over a foot. From what I shoveled off my driveway I could believe the 14 inches. That was definitely a day's exercise.

Here's a photo of the deck in my back yard. The wind was strong enough not much snow stayed on the flower pot. Instead, it drifted off the deck creating a strange hole beside it. There's also lots of drifting against the glass door.



There also wasn't much snow in the shrubs and trees. This is the tree in the center of the circle in front of my house. I'm sharing the photo just because it came out well.



Most schools were closed today. I didn't drive until evening. When I left the roads of my neighborhood hadn't been plowed yet, so it was careful going. The plow did come through before I returned. We should be mostly back to normal tomorrow.

Boston has us beat. That's fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment