Friday, November 30, 2007

Art in Detroit, a gem of a museum

Even Newsweek had a big article about the reopening of the Detroit Institute of Arts! In addition to expanded gallery space the whole purpose and presentation of the museum has been reworked, making it all much more friendly to the novice. I wandered through the DIA for 5 hours last Friday during their free-admission Open House. I'm quite impressed with what I saw. Though I gave many galleries only a cursory glance and looked at just the highlights in several others I went through the American Art section slowly, savoring many of the paintings. The American landscape paintings were especially captivating, and were talking only the eastern part of the country. Well worth a visit.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/72014

No comments:

Post a Comment