Sunday, November 22, 2009

Shouting from the top of a mountain

Sigh. I got exactly two responses to my request to hear from my readers. One is from my niece, the other was from my friend and debate partner, who answered through email. I still don't know how many readers I have. My niece went on to say:

Have you publicized this blog in any way? Asking for a link back from the places you blog roll, commenting on other places with your blog linked, registering at blog catalog and the like? Because I think people would be interested -- if they know about you.

I have done a little bit of publicity. Much of what I write summarizes articles on three or four blogs that are my main sources. It doesn't seem to do much good to "advertise" there (though I have) because those readers would be seeing most of the same stuff.

I haven't tried blogcatalog because this is the first I've heard of it.

2 comments:

  1. This is strange to me because other people have commented on your blog and at least one other person seemed to be following regularly for a while.

    I would google something like, "How to Gain Blog Readers." And I hope it works.

    -the niece

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog, but I'm sporadic about it. You're part of my link in Google Reader. Archie told me about it. I enjoy many of your insights.

    ReplyDelete