Friday, January 3, 2014

Move along, nothing to see here

I watched the Rose Parade at the B&B on HGTV, which I don't get at home. It was nice to see the whole parade without slews of commercials. I waited eagerly for the float with the marriage of a gay couple. Alas, I don't think the coverage of that float was very good. HGTV showed the float before the ceremony got underway. They mentioned the names of the gay couple, but since one of the names was Aubrey it would have been easy to miss they were both men. And HGTV didn't specifically mention they were a same-sex couple. Then they spent a lot less time on this float than on others. My feeling was, that's it?

It turns out that though the crowd cheered, HGTV was not the only broadcaster to give that float just a few seconds of airtime. NBC and ABC, as well as many local stations, did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment