Monday, January 6, 2014

You are the one who is abnormal

Compared to other areas in Michigan and around the country I seem to have gotten off easy. I shoveled only 6 inches of show from my driveway (though the piles on either side are encroaching, making for a bit of an obstacle course). And my digital thermometer shows minus 2 right now. That could be because it is in the flower box and thus insulated under 6 inches of snow.

Here's a view of my back yard this morning. The planter in the foreground is almost hidden in the snow with a mound of snow on top.


I did go out this afternoon to visit the nutritionist and buy food. Roads, though plowed, were bad enough that I canceled tonight's rehearsal (also because two out of five had called to say they weren't coming). I made the mistake of not filling up my car yesterday and had to do it this evening in the cold wind.



While we wait for the president of Uganda to decide what to do with the nasty anti-gay bill the prime minister had a couple things to say about us. Compared to what is usually said in Uganda this is an improvement. So, yeah, he says, homosexuality is abnormal. But if your child were abnormal in another way you wouldn't kill it or imprison it for life, you would get help for it. So if you demand the death penalty for gays, you are the one who is abnormal.



I reported about a month ago that the groups All Out and Athlete Ally created clothing featuring the Olympic Principle 6, which the Charter's anti-discrimination clause. Those groups have now partnered with the men's and women's bobsled teams from Australia. Their machines now feature the Principle 6 logo and they appear at the World Cup event in Lake Placid. When they get to the Olympics, will they keep the logo or will it be considered advertising, which is banned?

No comments:

Post a Comment