Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Decriminalized across Europe

When I got up this morning the thermometer showed -4F. I checked the college website and saw it is closed today. So I get a free afternoon. I got on to Weather.com for their temperature map. The light blue band that meanders from Virginia through Arkansas and beyond is in the range 10 to 20F. The map shows how far south the cold is stretching. The marker at Detroit is over a darker purple showing -10 to 0F. The paler area in Minnesota and Wisconsin is below -20F.




The Turkish part of Cyprus has repealed the law that criminalized gay sex. That means there are no such laws in all of Europe. North America and Australia are the other continents free of such laws.



The Brokeback Mountain opera will premier soon. Production photos are now available and the opera will be streamed over the internet for 90 days starting February 7th. Alas, it might be a week before I have an evening free to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment