Thursday, May 14, 2015

The situation

A couple times now I've mentioned a family situation that has kept me from writing posts for this blog. I can now explain a bit more. On Easter Sunday I took my father to the Emergency Room. He had not been well most of the winter and had worsened noticeably that weekend. The diagnosis is myeloma, which is cancer of the white blood cells or of the bone marrow. He was in the hospital for a week, then moved to a rehab center. While there he started chemo treatments. Today he went back to the hospital.

Naturally, this has meant frequent trips to visit, take him to appointments, manage his affairs, and give a break to my sister who lives with our parents and is caregiver for our mother. They live 75 miles away. I'll be going again tomorrow. Of course, all this will continue for quite some time. I'll continue my newsy posts whenever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment