Thursday, August 17, 2017

Here comes the sun

I start a couple weeks of traveling tomorrow afternoon. Outline:

* To the small town in northern Ohio where my Dad’s family is from. My cousin is getting married for the second time. This is a chance for family to gather without attending a funeral.

* Then I head south. By noon Monday I plan to be in eastern Tennessee in the path of the total solar eclipse. I already have my viewing glasses. I began checking the weather forecasts for the area. The day is supposed to be clear with a 15% chance of a storm between 2:00-3:00. The eclipse is at about 2:35.

* I will spend a couple days in Great Smoky National Park.

* On Thursday I’ll take the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville, see the Biltmore Estate, then head east.

* Thursday evening to Monday morning I visit my cousin and his family, especially his mother, Dad’s sister, while she’s still around.

* On Monday I head north to Pittsburgh to spend time with my brother and his wife to see life after caring for Mom. Then home on Thursday (so that I’m off the road by the holiday weekend).

I’ll share interesting stories and photos if I have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment