Sunday, June 23, 2019

A United Methodist rebuke

My church just received a gift of a new grand piano! It’s slightly larger than a baby grand. I played a bell tree solo this morning and being accompanied by this fine piano sounded like a pretty good idea!

Except the piano wasn’t in tune with the bells. The piano tuner hadn’t come yet.

So after a couple minutes hearing the tuning clash I said it wouldn’t work. So we rolled the previous piano from the hallway back into the sanctuary and I played along with that one.

American regional conferences of the United Methodist Church have met or will soon meet. Many, perhaps most, are repudiating what happened at General Conference this past February. They’re also voting for delegates to next year’s General Conference. And those delegates will be much more progressive. Details in my brother blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment