Thursday, January 8, 2009

Virus swatter now updated

Due to the computer virus a month ago I asked my dad for the Consumers Reports rating of computer security suites. A couple days ago I turned off my internet connection, deleted all three of the installed security systems, and installed Trend Micro, the top rated one according to CR. It rated the Trend suite with a score of 85 and the only one of my existing programs that got a rating was at 55. I wasn't sure I wanted to pay for a security program. Then I was in Office Max with a bag that gave me a 15% discount for everything I could get in it (like a tax program) and the Trend Micro tag said it was 50% off if I also bought a tax program that was already in my bag. So I got the $50 suite for $21. Alas, the annual renewal will likely be full price. We won't know whether the new program is up to the task until it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment