Thursday, October 18, 2012

Time for some color

It is most definitely autumn here in Michigan. The weather has been too chilly or too rainy for bicycle treks to see pretty trees. But it was fabulous yesterday afternoon (sunny and 65) so I headed out. That was in spite of having a midterm exam to prepare (which eventually did get done in time).

Trees seriously started turning color at the beginning of the month, which seemed like three weeks early. But even now, some trees are just beginning to change.

Though I didn't take my camera out on that bike ride, I did snap a few in my yard. It's time to share the color. First up is the dogwood tree at the front corner of my house.



Next is the huge flame bush in my back yard. I can see part of it from my desk chair so I've been watching the color develop.



The nearby smoke bush is turning a pretty color.



The setting sun caught my neighbor's tree (I think it is an aspen) creating a dramatic image.


No comments:

Post a Comment