Saturday, November 2, 2013

Fall color

This past Wednesday I was able to get on my bike for an hour. The sun was out and the trees were colorful so I took my camera. Though it was the end of October many trees still had lots of green and a few hadn't started turning yet. Peak color around here is usually the last full week of October, or a week ago.

We'll start my tour with the maple tree in front of my house.


Here's one in full color.


I thought this one rather curious. The ends of branches had definitely turned, but the inner part hadn't. I think one reason why the color is a bit late this year is the temperatures early in the season were cold, prompting the start of color, but perhaps most of October was warm enough that the trees stopped turning. But I'm not a botanist.


Another pretty one.


The next two days were cool and overcast with some rain. The color progressed quite a bit and leaves started dropping into my yard. The flame bush in my back yard suddenly had a lot more color.

No comments:

Post a Comment