Monday, November 18, 2013

Important Anniversary

It was ten years ago today that the Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled that same-sex couples had a right to marry and civil unions are not good enough. Yes, ten years. Jim Burroway of Box Turtle Bulletin notes:
[T]he sky still hasn’t fallen. Massachusetts still has the lowest divorce rate in the nation, and school children are still not being subjected to live gay sex demonstrations as part of their state-mandated curriculum.

It was this announcement that prompted me to start sending out emails of gay news items to family and friends. That eventually morphed into this blog, which I began six years ago yesterday. In those six years I've written 2352 posts (this one makes it 2353). Since June of 2010, when Blogger allowed me to keep track, there have been over 46,000 pageviews. Alas, I can't tell you how many countries have visited the blog (Blogger won't tell me), though I would guess the number easily tops 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment