Friday, March 7, 2014

Control your talent

I saw the movie Frozen this afternoon. My favorite character was Kristoff with his sidekick reindeer. The trolls were fun too. The animation and the song deserve the Oscars they won. I just wish Kristoff got the girl in the end.

I sit through movie credits. I learn all kinds of interesting things. This film even has one small scene after the credits. A couple credits caught my eye (as IMDB confirms). One of the job titles is "Caffeinator." In one scene Kristoff tells Anna that all men eat their own boogers. So the credits include this notice:
The views and opinions expressed by Kristoff in the film that all men eat their own boogers are solely his own and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of The Walt Disney Company or the filmmakers. Neither The Walt Disney Company nor the filmmakers make any representation of the accuracy of any such views and opinions.

On to the gay angle, at least as I see it. After Elsa injures Anna with her talent she is told she needs to control it and to keep it hidden, which causes Elsa to withdraw from Anna. That amounts to a closeted wizard and is similar to telling a gay person to control his sexuality and keep it hidden. It would have made more sense to hire a tutor to help Elsa properly develop her talent. The withdrawal would not have been necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment