Saturday, March 15, 2014

Raise the alarm

I picked up my repaired car today. I had rehearsal from 9:00 to noon (concert tomorrow) and both the collision shop and the car rental place are only open those exact hours on Saturday. Both are closed Sunday. And the collision shop called me yesterday just after the rental place closed. While I talked to the collision shop they agreed to have someone there until 12:30 -- I got there at 12:20. But the only chance I had to call the rental place this morning I was put on hold. So the rental is at the collision shop and will be until Monday.

The car looks great -- the red paint looks a bit more intense than I remember. It is also clean, inside and out. The total repairs came in $600 more than the estimate (all paid for by insurance). I thought that was getting rather close to the value of the car, but according to insurance the Blue Book had underestimated it so repairs were still 60% of the car's worth.

There is one problem with the car. When I unlock and open the driver door or the trunk the alarm goes off. The first time it happened I was in a store parking lot and it took me a while to realize it was my car. My first thought was, Hey! I don't *have* an alarm! I was parked next to another and thought I had gotten too close so its alarm came on. The fob with the alarm button was back at the house (where it's been since I bought it), so I know I didn't accidentally hit it (like what happened to the rental when the alarm button was in my pocket). And I can't get it fixed until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment