Sunday, July 27, 2014

Motown Mission, the finished product

The Motown Mission leader with the camera gave me a CD of 40 photos of our week. I'll share three of them with you. This first one shows the community garden where I worked in the first day and some of the team worked in all week. I'm wearing brown in about the middle of the photo. I and one of the youth are building trellises out of twine for the tomato plants. The whole garden is about an acre.


This photo shows the rebuilt back porch with the new steps. A handrail would eventually be added to the steps.


This final photo shows the team (minus a couple leaders) who built the porch, steps, and the railing with gate around the deck. From the left is Austyn, James, Catrina, myself, Alaija, Freddy, Trevor, and Pastor Jeff (who did more cheering than work). They were a great team.


This morning during the worship service we saw a video showing scenes from the week and the kids telling what the week meant to them. Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment