Sunday, July 22, 2018

The bells were ringing

I’m home for a few days. My trip across the state to Grand Rapids was a good one.

My performance group gave the opening concert of the national handbell seminar. It went very well and was praised by those attending. It was also the first event of the seminar, so I could enjoy the rest of it. The remainder of the four-day event was taken up by classes and other Midwest handbell groups, all very well done. A nationally known handbell clinician tried his hand at standup comedy – and did a good job. He had all us handbell people laughing. I don’t think I can share much because most of it was handbell in-jokes.

I stayed with my niece, who lives only a couple miles from downtown. She and her partner joined me for supper a couple times. I saw her each morning when I got up as she dashed out the door to her job.

I didn’t post because I mostly ignored the news. I didn’t even check email until Friday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment