Monday, July 16, 2018

Watching commercials

I watch the Oscars and the Tonys because I watch movies and plays. But I don’t watch TV or listen to popular music so the Emmys and Grammys are of no interest to me. The Emmy nominations were announced last week and I ignored it all.

But Bill in Portland, Maine and his Cheers and Jeers column on Daily Kos says there are a few Emmy nominations worth noticing in the category of best commercial. Commercials! That’s one reason why I don’t watch TV! But Bill says three nominations are worth our attention. To make it easy he included them in today’s post. The three are:

Earth, Shot on an iPhone has beautiful scenery and the voice of Carl Sagan, so we know it is important.

The Talk in which black parents prepare their children for the abuse they’ll get in white culture.

In Real Life, which is about bullying.

No comments:

Post a Comment