Saturday, August 29, 2009

Making up for a bit of Detroit's mountain deficit

In case I don't get a chance to write tomorrow…

I leave Monday morning, flying to Denver. I'll spend a couple days around the city before going to Estes Park for the Reconciling Ministries Convocation over Labor Day weekend. This is a gathering of gay Christians, specifically gays trying to get the United Methodist Church to remove its restrictions on gays. As part of that I'll be attending a session on how to get a local congregation (as in my own) to be more welcoming to gays. I was bowled over by the worship services and bible studies at the Convo in 2007 in Nashville and expect this one to be equally wonderful. Afterward I have a few more days in Denver, and perhaps will drive into the mountains (something sorely lacking in southeast Michigan). I'm sure I'll have a trip report when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment