Thursday, January 5, 2012

Welcome!

Every date that I post to this blog I check the visitor stats. I've been surprised over the last month that an evening of posts now routinely gets 30-60 visitor hits and there have been a few days -- two this past week -- in which the visitor count was in the 64-76 range.

At the moment the stats for a week show the most visits from Russia at 98, 72 from USA, 22 from Britain, and a few from Ukraine, Belarus, Turkey, Brazil, Germany (usually higher in the standings), France, and Japan.

Surprisingly, of the top 10 posts that got the most hits in the last week only half were written in that time. The rest appear to be perennial favorites, which you can see in a sidebar on the blog homepage.

I've submitted a request to the Blogger tech crew to allow me to see all the countries of visitors to my blog, rather than the top 10 I see now. I've seen a wide assortment of countries show up in the stats (Chile, Nigeria, Ecuador), but didn't keep an independent list. When I do see it I'm sure the list will be long.

The stats show what sites have links to mine. The one sitting at the top of the list is Russian. I clicked on it. My PC's security system was not happy and put up a screen strongly urging me to not go there. So I didn't.

So, to all of you who have found my blog and appear to be coming back for more: Welcome! I'm glad you find a visit worthwhile. I would appreciate you telling a bit about yourself in the comments -- and doing so anonymously is fine. I'd also like to know how you found my little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment