Friday, October 10, 2008

DL update

I walked into the bathroom today (the one place my office chair doesn't go) and found I didn't have much pain. By lunch time I was able walk around the house and fix the meal while standing. By mid-afternoon I began to second-guess yesterday's decision to cancel a trip to Chicago for a family event. I still took it easy for the afternoon (after a shower!) and decided I was ready to go to the grocery store (a few basics had run out). By the time I was getting the last few items into the cart I had the feeling that was quite enough -- then I faced one of the longest and slowest checkout lines in years. My leg ached just enough that I'm glad I didn't drive to Chicago.

The soreness in my right thumb has blossomed into a spectacular purple blotch from two inches beyond my wrist all the way to the middle of my palm and the knuckle of my thumb. At least it doesn't hurt as much.

I don't know of the blogger automatic mailer, which I set up for some of you so I don't have to blog and mail, sends out updates. In case it doesn't I'll repeat that DL stands for Disabled List, not Down Low.

No comments:

Post a Comment