Wednesday, October 29, 2008

DL status

Sheesh, my last report was two weeks ago. Time to rectify that. Yesterday I thought things were finally coming along. Today, not so much. The leg aches and I didn't sleep well last night.

The bruise on the right hand has healed though if I press on the base of the palm I get a bit of pain (not something that happens in everyday tasks).

The abrasions on the left elbow have also healed.

However, the left leg is still covered with huge bruises and this is 3 weeks after the accident. The bruises continued to get bigger for quite a while, though not so much in the last few days. Stairs are still a problem, though not as bad as they had been.

I revisited my doctor a week ago. He thought the spreading bruises were due to the pain medication thinning my blood, which then leaked through damaged veins. He switched me to an over-the-counter pain reliever, which works reasonably well, though I'm using the original stuff again because I now have a stuffy ear and the decongestant shouldn't be combined with the pain med. Sigh.

Since my last report my community handbell ensemble has given two concerts and the church group has performed once. I used my stool in all cases. The first concert was an effort because my leg was quite painful that day. The second one went much better.

I made it to the Ruth Ellis Center last week, even up the two flights of stairs (they have no elevator). I'll be back again today to help out during their Halloween party. For lack of anything better I'll wear my old tuxedo and ruffled shirt, the one that is now about 3 sizes too big.

The bicycle is now repaired. When the front wheel was replaced I asked them to also do a "check over" to make sure everything is working properly. The bill was less than $100. Alas, between the injuries and cold weather I probably won't get on it until spring.

After no response from the police in a week I called again. I found the case has been assigned to an officer. I later talked to him and he said he would try to find the girl who stayed with me waiting for my friend to take me to the doctor. The officer was to have done that yesterday. I haven't heard back yet.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better, that your bike has been fixed, and that you're at the Ruth Ellis Center. I've heard good things about them even from way out here.

    I hope more good things follow.

    ReplyDelete