Friday, August 27, 2010

Achieving the summer's goal

I achieved one of this summer's goals today. I rode my bicycle along Hines Drive all the way to Northville, a round trip of 24 miles. That's my longest ride to date and I've now ridden my bike the entire 17.5 mile length of Hines Drive. It was definitely a workout -- there are a few sizable hills along the way. One reason for heading to Northville is because that's where Hines Drive ends. Another is there is a great bread store there and they give out free samples. I took along my backpack to be able to buy a loaf and bring it home.

My main desktop computer is getting cranky. It's now 5 years old. Today's annoyance came about when I accessed the college website for training in their new mail system. The tutorial download said my PDF reader needed to be updated. Alas, the update removed the old version and the new one failed to install. So I can't see PDF files -- including the computer's Owner Manual. I'm contemplating rebuilding my computer. Fortunately, the thing hasn't crashed, so I can make sure I know how to reinstall everything. If I disappear for a few days, this might be why.

No comments:

Post a Comment