Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another round of compassion

Robert A. Hall replied to my rebuttal. It took me a day to see it because it had been dumped in my spam folder. I'll copy it here for the benefit of those who get my postings through email. The reply mentions Dr. Thomas Sowell. I don't know a whole lot about him, so found him on Wikipedia. Beyond providing this link I'll let Mr. Hall speak for himself.

I have compassion for individuals, not groups. I have compassion, for example, for the black kids who are so often the victims of the black gang bangers in the cities, and for all blacks who are kept in poverty by victim hood fostered by white liberals who need to keep blacks poor to maintain their power base.

I have compassion for the peaceful Muslims who are most often the victims of the fanatics, but not for the millions who want to impose Shari'a law here by force so they can hang gays, marry 9 year old girls and stone women for adultery. I'm fine with Islam as a religion, but it is also a political system that seeks to impose itself on the world by force and to that extent, we must fight it.

And, yes, I have compassion for latte liberals who were born mentally defective and unable to reason from facts and history as opposed to how they wish things were.

I suggest books like "Basic Economics," "Applied Economics" "Race and Culture" "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" and "A Conflict of Visions" (which I'm reading now) by the brilliant economist Dr. Thomas Sowell. ~Bob Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment